Letting you go because
the reasons to hold on
are too strong and
threaten to envelope my
mind and body and world
in to a deluge of you
and the thoughts of you
and your touch and your
smells and your voice
and you and you and you.
I wish I could hold on tight
let this plant within me grow
but both of us know
that these plants will never bear fruit
the reasons to hold on
are too strong and
threaten to envelope my
mind and body and world
in to a deluge of you
and the thoughts of you
and your touch and your
smells and your voice
and you and you and you.
I wish I could hold on tight
let this plant within me grow
but both of us know
that these plants will never bear fruit
these are weeds growing within us
and even though the flowers smell sweet
they needed to be rooted out.
sweetheart, if only i could change
this world and me for you
if only we could make this boat float
If only life were worth living without you
If only I was not me
If only if...
leaving you is leaving sanity
leaving paradise on a parachute
leaving a garden for the swamp
leaving you is leaving myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment